Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Mailbag 5-3-07

Law School Finals are upon us that is why the posts are so few and far between. I’m not going to even apologize because if you were in finals right now you wouldn’t be writing anything either.

First of a few comments from my readers….(Kind of like a mailbag but no one actually ever sends me an emails:

Uchenna Omokaro: "Your blogs crack me up..."

Why thank you Uch. Marcia and I try very hard to make this not only informative but also funny. I know many of our readers check here everyday while at work to get through their boring and repetitive lives. What can I say, I live to give.

Mark Logsdon: “I don't really get Entourage. I've tried to watch it, and nothing ever happens. There's usually a minor problem that gets resolved by the end of the episode, and in the end they're all still in the same Entourage and Vince is always rich and famous. Eric has to tell Vince that he can't go on his wine trip...oh no! Guess Vince will have to fly an airplane to Cabo! What the fuck kind of a plot is that?”

Well Mark, one of my good friends for quite along time and also the person I went with to the single greatest basketball game I have ever been to(that should be subject to a column on its own.) I sometimes agree with you when it comes to Entourage in that it is normally just a smaller issue that gets resolved by the end of the show but there are other overarching issues that go on for episodes at a time such as the awkwardness between Vince and Mandy Moore, Vince not working on Aquaman 2, and now the relationship between Vince, his new agent Amanda, and Ari. These weren’t just resolved at the end of the episode and became major themes for the series. Also of course they are all going to stay part of the same entourage. They are either related by blood or are best friends from growing up. They are going to stick together because they are all they got on the West Coast. And I mean lets be honest the show is fucking hysterical. That should be enough to make you watch it.

Jeremy Kessel: “Tommy and I agree...Marcia's Column is the most anticipated post of the week.”

I agree that she is a better writer then me. Her columns are generally more about pop culture that more people would be interested in rather then the opening day game between the Boston Red Sox and Kansas City Royals and she is constantly taking jabs at me which is always funny.

Luiz Arroyo: “It is not 1999 he is not the best reciever anymore.” (In reference to Randy Moss)

I actually agree with you 100% Luiz. Statistically and heart wise Randy Moss is not the greatest receiver in the NFL. He has had 3 down years and appears to not care any more. But lets be honest, Randy Moss, when it comes to talent, is the greatest receiver in the NFL. He is 6’4”, with hands of glue that apparently ran 4.29 at his physical with the Patriots and all the Pats had to give up was a 4th Round Draft Pick. And the best part is that he could be a bum and give up on the team and it wouldn’t matter because we have a plethora of wide receivers. The Pats could put his ass on the bench and it wouldn’t matter. I think that playing on a winning team with veteran leadership in Brown, Brady, Bruschi and Bellichek will finally motivate him to play hard again. Moss on the Right, Stallworth on the Left, Welker in the Slot, Watson in the Middle, and Maroney out of the backfield with Brady leading an offense is up there with the best skilled players in the league. Get me to Vegas, I need to put money down on them right now.

William Burroughs: “You need to make a blog post about the fight before it happens.”

The fight that Uncle Phillip Banks is talking about is De La Hoya vs. Mayweather this Saturday night in Las Vegas. Dubbed the “Last Great Fight” and the “Fight of the Decade” and I could care less. The last boxing match I ever watched and was excited about walking was a match between Lewis and one of the Klitschko brothers. Vitali kicked the living the hell out of him but the fight had to stop be because of a cut on Vitali’s head and the doctor wouldn’t let him continue. Such Bullshit. Since then boxing has meant nothing to me. This coupled with the emergence of the UFC has made boxing not even a second level sport anymore. Would I rather watch De La Hoya vs. Mayweather or Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Chuck “The Iceman” Lidell? That isn’t even a question at this point. The only way I would go and watch “Fight of the Decade” would be if someone ponied up the $54.95 and didn’t expect me to pay a dime and provided all of the food and booze. That’s how little I care about that fight. Hey maybe it will be the “Fight of the Decade” but I could care less.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i appreciate the philip banks shout out, my hairline is rapidly going away...granted the fight may not be big, but if de la hoya was fighting an italian you would have a totally different take. The reason why the fight is big, not only are they hyping the hell out of it but it is black v mexican, which is the biggest ongoing minority battle in every single part of the country, and they had the balls to put it on cinco de mayo...a day as sacred to some as eating meatballs is to you...so i am pumped because my students, which are a nice mix of the two minorities are pumped...i have even been told that no matter which side wins i should expect fights on monday at school...as far as the bay area, i will be up aug 18th to check out the rock the bells concert...see you there...thanks for the post, i was tired of not having something to read and laugh at mon chi chi